Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Lesson Learned: Don't Stick Your Hand in the Fryer

So today I was given the task of frying papadum, a thin, spicy cracker found in Indian and Pakistani cuisine. This seemed easy enough, I was up for the task. I cut all the papadum into halves and started frying them up in batches. I was using tongs which meant I was reaching into the oil to grab all the fried crackers. This started off fine, but about halfway through I got a little too comfortable and reached in a little too far. Sticking your finger in hot frying oil is probably about as painful as it sounds, not to mention the glove I was wearing--I had to peel that off my fried finger bits. Needless to say, Lesson Learned: Don't stick your hand in the fryer.


2 comments:

  1. Owwwwccchh. Good thing you had a glove. At least nail biting is tastier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owwwwccchh. Good thing you had a glove. At least nail biting is tastier

    ReplyDelete